Weddings are wonderful, unless you’re a bridesmaid.
Somehow bridesmaid’s duties have evolved into a place dangerously close to indentured servitude.
Here are the top five reasons you should give your bridesmaids something really special:
- Putting up with the bride. Let’s face it- you are a mix of caffeinated beverages, near starvation, adrenaline and nerves- a deadly combination. No one wants to deal with you, but your bridesmaids have to. Give them something nice to make up for the bridezilla you’ve inevitably become. They also have to get you terribly wasted at your bachelorette party and then take care of you. You owe them for making sure your drunk ass gets home.
- Cost. Bridal shower gift. Wedding gift. Bachelorette party. Bridesmaid dress. Alterations. Hair. Makeup. Travel expenses. ‘Nough said.
- Bridesmaid Dress. They will never wear it again. Ever. No matter how much it looks like a dress they maybe, possibly could wear to something else, they won’t. There is always a better choice than a bridesmaid dress. So it will hang, in their closet, after the wedding, full of hope, but also full of mothballs.
- Fitting into the Bridesmaid Dress. Everybody knows about the freshmen fifteen, but less have heard of the bridesmaid belly. Weddings involve so much food! Wedding cake tastings, booze at the bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, engagement party, wedding food….that’s like a guaranteed 5 pounds of wedding weight…all for you. She deserves something extra special for that extra poundage she’s packing.
- Ugly Groomsmen. Oh the horror! Every bridesmaid agrees to be part of a wedding party because she secretly wants to meet your husband’s hot, single friends, preferably in the form of groomsmen. If the groomsmen are ugly, you really need to give her a gift to make up for it. Trust me, all her not-so-secret dreams of meeting her future husband at your wedding (think of the stories!) will be crushed if the men in the wedding are unattractive. Temper the sting by buying her something really nice.
Honorable Mention: Dry Wedding. Please say it ain’t so. If this is the case buy your bridesmaids all 5 of the items from the list below. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just do it. If they can’t drink, they should at least get something for staying sober, besides refraining from drunkenly making out with those ugly groomsmen.
But what is the perfect gift for these ladies I’ve subjected to so much wedding torture?!?
I’m glad you asked.
The key here is make it something personal.
In honor of the 5 reasons your bridesmaid deserve something awesome, I’ll share with you 5 bridesmaid gifts I think can really tell your bridesmaids how much you appreciate them.
1. Personalized Wine Glasses- Who doesn’t love wine?
2. Personalized Flask-maybe there’s a trend here?
3. Personalized Mason Jar Mugs-OK, people need to drink!
4. Keepsake Box- For all the memories of the wedding and weeks before.
5. Personalized Tote- This is my personal favorite. I love this idea for holding everything wedding related and then whatever the bridesmaid needs it for post-wedding. So practical!
All of these great, personalized gifts are available for purchase at: http://www.agiftpersonalized.com/